iPad Video Download!
Works for iPads and iPhones with iOS7 or newer.
If not already done: Install VLC from the App Store:
1. In the Mail App on your iPad, press and hold a video link:
Links ending with “.mov”, “.mp4”, “.mpeg”, “.avi” will work.
Links ending with “.zip” will NOT work!
2. In the pop-up menu, press “Copy”:
3. Press the Home Button on your iPad, then find and launch VLC:
4. In VLC, press the top left Button:
5. In the left menu, press “Downloads”:
6. Press and hold the text entry field near the top:
7. When the “Paste” button appears, press it:
8. Press the “Download” button, just below the link you pasted:
9. Wait for the blue progress bar to reach 100%:
10. When the download has finished, press the top left button:
11. In the left menu, press “All Files”:
12. Press the icon to play the video:
The Video is now on your iPad (or iPhone) harddrive,
and can be played without an internet connection.
Videos take up a lot of space! *
iPads / iPhones have small harddrives!
Please delete any videos that are not highly necessary,
or your device will very soon be very full!
* A 90 min. feature film from the editing room takes up
about 1.5 GB. 45 min. dailies about 750 MB.